Comfort Keepers Caregiver Careers in Fairfield, CA
As a Comfort Keepers caregiver, you will have the opportunity to provide hands-on personal care to clients throughout the Sacramento, Yolo, and Solano counties. Care provider responsibilities may include: assisting your client with bathing, dressing or mobility, light housekeeping, preparing nutritious meals, and providing transportation. Most importantly, you will provide interactive care that engages your clients’ minds and allows them to remain independent in their homes!
Comfort Keepers offers a wide selection of rewarding career opportunities – part-time and full-time – for people who have a heartfelt desire to help seniors and other adults live safely, independently and happily in the comfort of their own homes. To better serve our caregivers, we offer world-class Development and Orientation Programs that help to refine skills and encourage internal growth.
Caregiver Development Program
We employ five teammates who are devoted to training and supporting our caregivers whenever, wherever and however they need it.
Caregiver Orientation Program
We offer a five-day orientation program that allows caregivers to learn and practice their skills.
- Day 1: Classroom Training
- In a classroom environment, we review the Comfort Keepers handbook and train caregivers on internal processes and technologies.
- Day 2: Skills Lab Training
- In an interactive skills lab, caregivers learn aging simulation and practice skills training.
- Day 3: Classroom Training
- Back in the classroom and in conjunction with Yolo Hospice, caregivers are trained in Dementia and Alzheimer’s care as well as Hospice care.
- Days 4 & 5: In-Home Training
- Caregivers experience hands-on training in the home.
Qualifications to become a caregiver:
- A genuine desire to help others
- Patient and honest
- Clean driving record /criminal history
- Some experience working with seniors is desired, but we will train the right people
- Positive attitude
- Have reliable and safe transportation
- Certified Nursing Assistants are strongly encouraged to apply
At the very heart of each Comfort Keepers operation are the Comfort Keepers themselves – the people who provide our unique brand of care to clients. In addition to caregiver positions, there are also opportunities for people to work in and manage offices, coordinate client care, and market our services.
If you are interested in learning more about careers or other job opportunities with Comfort Keepers Home Care, please give us a call today at (707) 297-3012!